Hydrogen Detection Systems Comparison Chart
Selecting a hydrogen detection system can be challenging, not to mention time consuming. What options do you need, what certifications do you need to be compliant, do you need to come in under budget? These are all worthy questions to consider, and we at NTM Sensors have tried to help you by doing some of the legwork ourselves and presenting this data to you in an easy to read chart.
We have looked at several other models of hydrogen sensors from other companies to see how our SenseH2 system compares. By having research work done and all of the data in one location, we hope that this gives you more time to be productive with your daily tasks and to take some of the stress off of the process.
There are two distinct styles of systems offered in the market place, “remote” sensor placement and “on panel” sensor placement.
We compare our SenseH2 to four other leading models in the market place right now. All data is taken from those manufacturer’s websites, or third party sites when the data was not available at the source. We have taken steps to fairly represent the data listed, however some specifications on outside sites may be updated without us knowing.
We strongly believe that our SenseH2 Hydrogen Detection System compares favorably among the competition. On price (and we know you are interested in this first) we come in at the lowest of all the systems that we looked at. Our base system starts at $695 USD, with an option to add a second sensor in the future if you desire. Our system also benefits from ease of purchase, you can order directly from our website and have the unit delivered very quickly to your location. Most other sensor manufacturers distribute their products on third party websites which are not as convenient to find, and harder to know the level of service that you will receive as you wait for a quote.
There are two distinct styles of systems offered in the market place, “remote” sensor placement and “on panel” sensor placement. Our SenseH2 sensors have 25 foot cords that attach a separate sensor head where you need it most, such as the ceiling since hydrogen is lighter than air and will rise. You can place the alarm box at eye level where it is convenient and still monitor the correct area of the room very easily. With on panel sensor placement systems, you are forced to choose between convenience or best detection location.
Our sensor is selective to hydrogen and should not alarm in the presence of other gases. We have a 45-day warranty for the sensor that covers replacement costs during normal operation. And because nothing lasts forever we have a low replacement sensor price for when the sensor has seen its service lifetime, which depending on the application is expected to be around 5 years.
|NTM Sensors SenseH2||SBS-H2||Eagle Eye HGD-3000||Macurco GD-12||RKI PS-2|
|H2 Range||0-4% H2||0-2% H2||2% H2||0-2% H2||Up to 1.23% H2|
|Order Online?||Yes||Request Price Quote||Request Price Quote||No||No|
|Number of Sensors||2||3||1||1||1|
|Sensor Placement||Remote||Remote||On Panel||On Panel||Remote|
|Indicators||LED & Audible Alarm||LED & Audible Alarm||LED & Audible Alarm||Digital Display & Buzzer||LED & Audible Alarm|
|Certifications||CE, ATEX EN 60079-0:2009, EN 60079-15:2005, EN 61326-1:2006, UL Class I, Div 2, GR A-D, T2B for Hazardous Locations||UL 61010-1||IEEE 450, NFPA 64, NFPA 2, UBC 6400, NEC 480.9(A), NEC 501.105(1)-3 Class 1 Div 2 Group B||UL 61010-1||Not Published|
|Published Warranty||45-Days||Not Published||Not Published||Not Published||1 Year|
|Expected Lifetime||5 Years||3 Years||5 Years||5 Years||Not Published|
|Cross Sensitivity||Selective to H2||30+5||Not Published||Not Published||10+6|
1. Regular price shown from http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/sbs/hydrogen-detectors/hydrogen-gas-detector-sbs-h2.htm as of November 2017
2. Regular price shown from https://www.globaltestsupply.com/product/eagle-eye-hgd-3000-hydrogen-gas-smoke-detector as of November 2017
3. Regular price shown from https://flipelectrical.com/products/macurco-gd-12-combustible-line-voltage-fixed-gas-detector-controller-transducer as of November 2017
4. Regular price shown from Glutco Inc. store on Google Shopping on November 2017
5. Acetone - Acetylene - Ammonia - Benzene - Butane - n-Butyl Acetate - Carbon Dioxide - Carbon Monoxide - Ethane - Ethanol - Ethyl Acetate - Ethyl Ether - Ethyl Oxide - Gasoline - Heptane - Hexane - Hydrogen - Hydrogen Cyanide - Hydrogen Sulfide - Isopropyl Alcohol - Methane - Methanol - Methyl Ethyl Ketone - Nitric Oxide - Nitric Dioxide - Propane - Propylene Oxide - Styrene - Sulfur Dioxide - Toluene - Turpentine - Vinyl Acetate - Xylene
6. Ethyl Alcohol, Hexane, iso-butane, isopropyl alcohol, methane, propane, gasoline, methylene chloride, perchloroethylene, toluene, trichlorothane, xylene
7. testequipmentdepot.com with 28ft cord.